I’ve been meaning to transfer this over from ye olde facebook, but here it is. 25 random things about me that still make me smile, and sometimes giggle, when I read them. I’d love to hear some of your random things!
1. My friends think I work for the Mafia.
2. I carry a calendar and my passport everywhere…you never know when someone wants to make plans with you or whisk you off to another country!
3. I spend more money on concerts than I do on any other single event in the year.
4. I love to watch musicals. Oklahoma, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Singing in the Rain…they make me happy.
5. Driving 4 hours to see someone is like crossing the street…not far at all.
6. Judging people is one of my spiritual gifts.
7. Patience is not a virtue of mine.
8. I hate pork, although I’ll eat bacon and hotdogs. Bacon is a breakfast food and hotdogs are only acceptable at baseball games and the Varsity. (I stopped eating hotdogs in 7th grade because one of my fellow drillteamers told me what was in them.)
9. I worked at a skating rink in higshchool…complete with referee shirt and whistle.
10. I don’t own a tv, but I do own a record player. Priorities.
11. My mom had to stop watching Days of our Lives when I was a little girl because I had a crush on Bo Brady.
12. All of the guys in my past have code names…Annuncio, Fargo, Cousin Eddie, Lawyer, Chicago, Nashville Tom.
13. I will know the words to the next song on the radio.
14. The first time I had alcohol was at Beth Flippin’s house, my junior year of highschool. It was half a wine cooler, and I woke up the next morning with the chicken pox. I didn’t drink again until after I graduated.
15. I’ve been a bridesmaid 10 times…and no 2 dresses were the same color.
16. My first kiss was in a movie theatre – it was Grumpy Old Men (or were they Grumpier) and eating Nachos with Cheese. Because of that traumatic experience, I never kissed another boy in a movie theatre.
17. I have a laptop that I bought when I was a freshman in college…it weighs 8 lbs and is 10 years old. (aforementioned laptop officially died, and now I am without a computer. again, priorities.)
18. I am not an “I”ll have a salad” on a first date kinda girl. Steak and potatoes, please!
19. I used to keep a list of all the animals I ran over when I was in highschool…the list ranged from turtles and squirrels to deer and turkeys.
20. I eat my food in sections, prefering to finish one item before moving on to the next.
21. When I flew to England in college, I wrote letters to my friends and family in case something happened.
22. My best friend died when I was in 4th grade on the night of the NKOTB concert at Bobby Dodd stadium. I never went to her funeral, but just found out that she was buried in her Joey McIntyre shirt. I felt part of her with me when I saw them this past October, and I think she has forgiven me for not going to her funeral.
23. I run out of gas…a lot.
24. When taking road trips, I think combos and cherry coke are required.
25. I will never compromise the wearing of heels just because you’re shorter than I am.