I will be traveling back from Spain soon, and wanted to jot down a few things I’ve learned while here:
– never travel to a city in Europe when AC/DC is playing
– the Spanish culture embraces growing old together
– singing your national anthem in a different country is a reminder that you aren’t the only country
– traveling with someone who embraces life’s curveballs is a necessary
– being with friends and family over a few apps is enough
– not everyone has, or wants the American dream
– traveling makes it apparent that I don’t travel enough
Hope to follow up on these soon! Have missed writing.
I love those lessons learned…and I love that I can relate to them from my travels last summer. We Americans don’t realize how self-involved we are…there are amazing, wonderful, beautiful other places to live happily ever after. I am so excited for you and this experience!